How To Take Automatic Daily Backup Of WordPress Website In Google Drive With UpdraftPlus Plugin? – Hackers have a close watch on any new WordPress website. They attack the website you have created and try to destroy it. In such a situation, if you have not backed up the data of your entire WordPress website, then your website may become useless. Due to not having a backup file of the website, you will have to create a fresh WordPress website again. That is why in this article we will tell you how to take Automatic Daily Backup of WordPress Website in Google Drive with UpdraftPlus Plugin?
If you take a daily backup of your WordPress website, then if for some reason your website crashes and you need to create a website again, then you will be able to restore your website using the old backup file. But if you do not take a daily backup of it and your website crashes, then when you create a new website, it will be completely new and fresh, no old content will be available in it. Due to this, all your hard work can be spoiled. That is why it is important for you to take a daily backup of your WordPress website.
What Is UpdraftPlus Plugin?
If you use WordPress website then you must have definitely known about UpdraftPlus Plugin. If you do not know, then let us tell you that this is a type of Backup and Restore Plugin. With its help, you can take a complete backup of your WordPress website and restore it whenever you want. Not only this, it also provides Automatic Daily Backup Feature.
If you have turned on Automatic Daily Backup Feature in UpdratPlus then you will not need to take manual backup and a complete backup of your website will be ready at a fixed time every day. The best thing about this plugin is that it provides the facility to store backup files in any cloud storage. There are many cloud storage options available like Dropbox Google Drive etc.
You can take automatic backup of website in any cloud storage. The biggest advantage of Automatic Daily Backup is that you do not need to take a manual backup every day. Along with this, if a daily backup of your website is being taken, then it will be saved in your cloud storage like Google Drive.
After this, if your website crashes, you can create a new website and install the UpdraftPlus Plugin, login to Google Drive and restore the old backup file present in it and bring your website back to the old way. In this way, your hard work will also be saved and the attack of hackers will not have any significant effect.
How To Take Automatic Daily Backup Of WordPress Website In Google Drive With UpdraftPlus Plugin?
If you want to take Automatic Daily Backup of WordPress Website in Google Drive with UpdraftPlus Plugin, then for this follow the step by step process given below.
- First of all login to your WordPress website dashboard.
- After logging in to the Dashboard, go to the Plugin section and click on Add New.
- After this, go to the search box and search for UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin and install and activate it.
- After activating the UpdraftPlus Plugin, go back to the Dashboard. After entering the Dashboard, go to the Settings option and click on UpdraftPlus Backups.
- After this on the next page you will see many options, such as Backup/Restore, Migrate/Clone, Settings, Advanced Tools, Premium/Extensions, etc. Click on Settings in it. After that choose the following settings:
- Now you have to select Daily in File Backup Schedule.
- Select Daily in Database Backup Schedule.
- In Choose Your Remote Storage, click on Google Drive.
- After this leave all the options below as they are. That is, all the checkboxes must be ticked, then only the full backup of your website will be possible.
- After that scroll down to the bottom and click on Save Changes.
- After clicking on it, a pop-up window will open in which Follow this link to authorize access to your Google Drive account (you will not be able to backup to Google Drive without it) will be written, click on it.
- After this you have to login with Google Account. When you login to your Google account, you will be asked for access to Google Drive, allow it.
- Then a Daily Backup of your WordPress website will be created and saved in a file named UpdraftPlus in Google Drive.